[TUHS] Tracing origins of errno names/numbers

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Thu Mar 24 10:24:01 AEST 2011

Hi all,
	PJ from groklaw.net has asked me to trace the origin of
the errno names and values in recent versions of Linux. Attached
is where I am up to. The columns are:
 - errno name
 - errno value in Linux, and its original value if different
 - system which originally defined it
 - release date of that system

There are a few errno names which I don't think I have the
correct original system:

  EDOTDOT, ENOMEDIUM, EMEDIUMTYPE, ECANCELED,
  ENOKEY, EKEYEXPIRED, EKEYREVOKED, EKEYREJECTED,
  EOWNERDEAD, ENOTRECOVERABLE, ERFKILL

Can anybody shed some light on these ones, that would be
great, especially if they come from SysV or Unixware.

Also, if you can spot any other mistakes, let me know!

Many thanks in advance,
	Warren