[TUHS] DEMOS (Soviet Unix) for the PDP-11

Jason Stevens neozeed at gmail.com
Sun May 8 23:42:14 AEST 2011

I figured you guys may get a kick out of this...

You can download a 'ready to run' version here:

http://code.google.com/p/vak-opensource/downloads/detail?name=dvk-demos.zip&can=2&q=

Included is a modified version of SIMH's PDP-11 emulator with a new
disk controller.  Binaries are included for both Linux & Win32.
Source to his additions are here:
http://vak-opensource.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/bk/simh-dvk/

And the source to version 2.2 of Demos has been provided here:

ftp://ftp.besm6.org/pub/archives/d22.tar.gz

Oh control+n lets you input in russian, and control+o lets you input in english.

>From what I understand DEMOS is derived from 2.9 BSD..

I don't speak Russian and what I end up doing is cutting & pasting
into google translate... For some really bizarre translations.

Demos is Copyright 1991 by Research Institute "Scientific Centre", lab 462/2.