[TUHS] Mirror with link

Jose R. Valverde jrvalverde at cnb.csic.es
Sat Oct 15 01:59:53 AEST 2011

That is already included: -m == --mirror

But --mirror (or -m) does not include -k (convert links to local after
the transfer) nor -np (do not follow links upwards the parent directory),
nor an instruction to ignore 'robots.txt'.

The magic incantation I submitted will only download down the hierarchy,
in spite of robots.txt and fixing links, all three problems reported in
the thread.

Of course it is not polite to ignore robots.txt, but sometimes it may be
justified.

--
			EMBnet/CNB
		Scientific Computing Service