[TUHS] 4.4BSD installed image or login shell?

Nick Downing downing.nick at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 17:22:41 AEST 2012

OK, I hadn't been aware of the significance of the 2 in 4.4BSD-Lite2, so
I understand it contains a CSRG version of the startup code, etc that
was originally from AT&T and was left out of 4.4BSD-Lite?  Is it
anything to do with Jolitz's work on 386BSD?  Does it have anything
else?  Searching threw up a few results on multiprocessor locking so
maybe it contains additional features as well as just the missing code?
cheers, Nick