[TUHS] Classic Unix workstation GUIs

asbesto asbesto at freaknet.org
Sat Sep 1 03:54:30 AEST 2012

Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 09:46:29AM -0400, William von Hagen wrote:

> Though Apollos were much more Unix-like than actual Unix, the DM
> environment (display manager?) on Apollo Aegis,  Domain/IX, and
> Domain/OS workstations was pretty interesting, most notably for the
> sophisticated interaction between the command-line and GUI.

Today we restarted our Apollo Series 400 with Domain/OS SR10.3.5
that is perfectly working as 5 years ago, when we stored it into
our deposit... There are some pictures here:

 http://museo.freaknet.org/workstation-hp-apollo-series-400/

We are planning of putting it online for some hours in a week if
someone want to play with it...

Sorry for the italian language in our main site, we're working
on an english version (and also fixing a lot of things about the
site) so please be patient, we hope in a few days we will have
an international version!

\o/

--
[ ::::::::: 73 de IW9HGS : http://freaknet.org/asbesto ::::::::::: ]
[ Freaknet Medialab :: Poetry Hacklab : Dyne.Org :: Radio Cybernet ]