[TUHS] "Electronic Mail Without Aliases"

Cyrille Lefevre cyrille.lefevre-lists at laposte.net
Fri Feb 15 21:59:46 AEST 2013

Le 15/02/2013 09:18, John Cowan a écrit :
> arnold at skeeve.com scripsit:
>
>> First, edit post.tm and change the PO font to CW.  Then
>>
>> 	refer post.tm | pic | troff -ms | ps2pdf - post.pdf
 >>

> I changed the line terminators to LFs and removed the undefined .TM
> macro in line 3 of post.tm.  I then got these errors from troff:
>
> post.tm:116: macro error: unknown reference type `5'
> post.tm:208: macro error: unknown reference type `5'
>
> Dr. Google can provide no explanation of these.  Lines 116 and 208 (or
> 117 and 209 of the original source) are ordinary lines of text with
> no special controls.
>
> Then I get the following error from ps2pdf:
>
> Error: /undefined in x
> Operand stack:

take a look at your file content, this is not postscript, but ditroff
intermediate output.

using DWB, the dpost filter should be added.

refer post.tm | pic | troff -ms | dpost | ps2pdf - post.pdf

using GROFF, groff should be used instead of troff.

refer post.tm | pic | groff -ms | ps2pdf - post.pdf

using DWB, the AT&T Bell Labs logo looks perfect ;^)

http://cyrillelefevre.free.fr/tmp/post.pdf

PS : DWB is here :

http://www2.research.att.com/~gsf/download/tgz/dwb.1993-02-04.tgz

to build DWB under cygwin, use this patch :

http://cyrillelefevre.free.fr/dwb/dwb.1993-02-04.2011-05-29.patch.bz2

also, DWBHOME should be exported to the installation path.

Regards,

Cyrille Lefevre
mailto:Cyrille.Lefevre-lists at laposte.net