[TUHS] History of strncpy

Armando Stettner aps at ieee.org
Thu Jan 24 01:24:26 AEST 2013

I also second/support Ron's and uh Clem's view.  In addition to zeroing out the inumber field, "removing" a file decremented the reference count in the i-node causing it to be freed (not cleared) when the reference count went to zero.  There was no strncpy() in the kernel.  Was there a strcpy() (other than a macro) in the kernel??  Long live movtuc.

Begin forwarded message: