[TUHS] History of strncpy

Mary Ann Horton mah at mhorton.net
Thu Jan 24 08:43:10 AEST 2013

While I agree with the other excellent comments in this thread (I just
dig out my document for the original "Portable C Library (on UNIX)",
complete with functions beginning with "C"), I have one small correction.

Variable length file names in directories actually didn't come out until
the Berkeley Fast Filesystem in 4BSD.  They were not in V7 or even 3BSD.