[TUHS] curmudgeon credit

Aaron J. Grier agrier at poofygoof.com
Tue May 14 16:11:31 AEST 2013

On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 05:08:28PM +1000, Nick Downing wrote:
> Well, I don't like wasted silicon

obviously not speaking for my employer here, but my understanding is
that you can't power up all the existing real-estate on modern silicon
and still meet power envelopes.  the extra silicon isn't wasted: it
merely functions as a heat-sink when it's not being utilized.  :)

are there any synthesizable (hardware description language) versions of
PDP or VAX available?  seems like hybrid FPGA / SW emulation platforms
would be an interesting experimentation space.

  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier at poofygoof.com