[TUHS] [HECnet] Ethernet Marks 40 Years Linking People, Computers in a Wired World

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Fri May 24 23:58:47 AEST 2013

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 8:58 AM, Clem Cole <clemc at ccc.com> wrote:
> I fear a sad part of this slide show is that many of us remember and were
> part of it all.   Some of us  programmed these machines (I admit that I
> still have some of these pieces in my basement).  I was disappointed they
> did not show a "stinger tap." The picture of the Alto shows the first mouse
> – the Hawley Labs mechanical mouse (which I miss for its feel).   Check out
> the picture of the first Cisco router using Intel Multibus (with a Motorola
> 68k in it) looking so awkward.
>
> http://www.eweek.com/networking/slideshows/ethernet-marks-40-years-linking-people-computers-in-a-wired-world/?kc=EWKNLEDP05242013A&dni=60148934&rni=24249067

Hello!
Then you did not notice the one which attempts to describe the widget
attached to the yellow cable. It was a tap who used the stinger
design. It was an interesting slide show, but it did not go into
complete detail.

Charles Spurgeon wrote an excellent book on Ethernet which as it
happens to explain practically everything about the entire ideas
behind it.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com