[TUHS] where is "the true arpanet mailer"?

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Wed Nov 27 10:06:11 AEST 2013

Amen - I've always said that sendmail became what it was because it was the
SMTPD that went out in 4.2 and followings.   If the original BBN code had
been left alone, since most people did not have the issues Berkeley did,
they would never have bothered with sendmail.cf.  But because it was there
and >>conceptually<< you could do all sort of stuff with it, people tried.
  We'll never know.

I was a fan of MMDF for years and later qmail - but I switch ccc.com to
google when the first offered it small folks like me 8-10 years ago and I
never looked back.

Clem