[TUHS] Unix taste (Re: terminal - just for fun)

A. P. Garcia a.phillip.garcia at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 09:44:38 AEST 2014

On Aug 2, 2014 4:19 PM, "Noel Chiappa" <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu> wrote:

<snip>
> BTW, Epsilon (that 250KB Emacs that I was raving about) not only runs
under
> Windows, it also runs under Linux, Mac OS, FreeBSD, etc. Here:
>
>     http://lugaru.com/
>
> I can't say enough good things about it (hence my 30-year addiction to
it).
> If you want an Emacs clone that is very small; very fast; and wildly
> extensible and modifiable (it comes with almost all the source), in C
> (effectively); this is the one.
>
>         Noel

That word, effectively, is an important one. Being so small, I expected the
editor to lack a scripting language. I was pleasantly surprised that it
does have one, and that it's a c derivative rather than lisp, a fine
language but not my favorite one. "Extensible and modifiable" doesn't
always mean the same thing to everyone, and well, you're a kernel hacker.

I must try this...