[TUHS] Teletype

Brian Zick brian at zickzickzick.com
Sat Aug 16 04:04:27 AEST 2014

Howdy folks -

So I'm mostly a lurker here and love the history and the way things used to
be done. But being born in '91 I pretty much missed all of it, although I
did grow up with 80s machines in the house.

There is one thing that I would love to do, and may seem a curious thing to
most, but I think about it from time to time, and it's enticing. But I'm
not sure where one would get started.

Would it still be possible today for someone like me to go out, and find an
old teletype terminal (an old ASR or DECwriter or something), set up a
phone line and modem and get a roll of paper, and then actually use it to
connect to other computers?

I know it's not really practical today - but is it possible?

Brian Zick
zickzickzick.com

     .:/
     \