[TUHS] Teletype

Lyndon Nerenberg lyndon at orthanc.ca
Sat Aug 16 12:12:01 AEST 2014

On Aug 15, 2014, at 6:56 PM, Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon at orthanc.ca> wrote:

> Ah yes!  The APL terminal of choice at the U of Alberta for the APL hacks.  Late nights in the terminal rooms in GSB ... (and the mystery room on the 4th floor of CAB).

Actually, the hardcopy terminal room on the 3rd floor of GSB was filled with dog slow DECwriters, now that I think about it.  Next door was a room full of CRT something or others, all wired to the Amdahl running MTS, so curses was just another curse. There was also one terminal room full of Courier 3270 clones (wonderful terminals, with indestructible keyboards) also wired to the MTS Amdahl/470.

Funny how the MTS line editor resembled ed(1) so much :-)

--lyndon