[TUHS] Illumos )

Wesley Parish wes.parish at paradise.net.nz
Wed Dec 31 19:28:35 AEST 2014

Illumos is a branch (or fork: I'm not sure which word is most appropriate here)
of OpenSolaris: if my memory serves me right (always a bit ask) it's a
debianized OpenSolaris
http://wiki.illumos.org/display/illumos/illumos+Home

OpenIndiana is another such project
http://openindiana.org/

and I think there are some other OpenSolaris branch/fork tree available, but i
don't know anything about them. Their primary importance, from my POV, is that
they keep the POSIX space open for experimentation: a Linux monoculture's as
deadening as a MS Windows monoculture or a [choose your own poison] monoculture ...

Wesley Parish