[TUHS] History of chown semantics

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Fri Jan 10 04:40:59 AEST 2014

Ed, Bob Kridle or Asa Romberger would be good people to ask.   I've
forgotten about the Fascist FS until you just mentioned it,   I seem to
remember there was some work done on the Cory Hall machines to support
using UNIX as a platform for CS classes and that FS was part of it.   I've
completely forgotten what it all was other than the Pascal subsystem,   My
memory is that not all of it migrated from the V6 based BSD system (aka
1BSD) to the later V7 based systems which the Vax (3/4BSD )and later
(2.XBSD) work was done.

Kirk's SCCS files might have some of that in it, but I think he only
captured from the VAX work onward - aka CSRG.