[TUHS] History of chown semantics

Brian S Walden tuhs at cuzuco.com
Sat Jan 11 00:55:18 AEST 2014

Very, very true. PWB was all about introducing UNIX into the comp
centers which were all ready in existance, with big iron sitting
in them.  Existing staff was tapped to run PWB as well, typically
consisted of operators, system administrators, system programmers,
program counselors, and accounting personal.  None were researchers,
UNIX was a service to be provided, the goal was to keep the machines
up and running to charge for usage.