[TUHS] the sin of buffering [offshoot of excise process from a pipeline]

scj at yaccman.com scj at yaccman.com
Wed Jul 16 04:55:20 AEST 2014

Bah!  This is a bug in Unix, IMHO.  We would consider it a bug if a
buffered output file refused to dump it's output buffer upon exit.  It
seems to me to be just as much a bug if a buffered input file refuses to
push back its unused input on exit.  Unix should have provided a mechanism
to permit this...

Steve