[TUHS] Gnu/Stallman (was Bugs in V6 'dcheck')

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Mon Jun 2 12:24:20 AEST 2014

Doug McIlroy scripsit:

> But all disagreement is swept away before the fact that the old
> familiar environment is everywhere, from Cray to Apple, with rms
> a very important contributor.

Amen.

My checkered career has taken me from Eunice to Microsoft Xenix System III
to Solaris to BSD386 to Linux (native and CoLinux) to Cygwin, and
except when playing a sysadmin I have never had to know or care which
flavor of the Grand Ole OSry I was using that year.

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
Assent may be registered by a signature, a handshake, or a click of a computer
mouse transmitted across the invisible ether of the Internet. Formality
is not a requisite; any sign, symbol or action, or even willful inaction,
as long as it is unequivocally referable to the promise, may create a contract.
       --Specht v. Netscape