[TUHS] Gnu/Stallman (was Bugs in V6 'dcheck')

Ronald Natalie ron at ronnatalie.com
Mon Jun 2 22:31:34 AEST 2014

Amusingly I never learned VI.    I had worked for a group that was beholden to Interactive Systems editor (which I believe was a variant of Yost's Rand Editor) and by the time I left there I was working with various pre-GNU Unix EMACS (Warren Montgomery, JOVE, Gosling).    I even worked for Unipress for a very short period as a consultant.

To this day if there's no EMACS I juse use ed or ex.     It always amazed my coworkers how fast I fly in line editor mode.