[TUHS] An amusing error message

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Sun May 11 09:41:20 AEST 2014

Kurt H Maier scripsit:

> I don't think there's any actual disagreement on your points, just a lot
> of useless syntactic fiddling.  Claiming German isn't German because it's
> *different* German is going to lead to someone claiming by analogy that
> Beowulf isn't English, and then the world will end.

If this is addressed to me (there's no way to tell), I am not claiming
anything of the sort.  Yiddish and German are sibling languages.
Yiddish has borrowed a lot of Hebrew, but is not genetically related
to it.  That's all.

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
That you can cover for the plentiful and often gaping errors, misconstruals
and disinformation in your posts through sheer volume -- that is another
misconception.  --Mike to Peter