[TUHS] Work I've done with a PDP-11 simulator

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Sun May 11 12:40:29 AEST 2014

Larry McVoy scripsit:

> With all due respect (and I'm not trolling John, I've got respect for
> you) I think it was Ken.

It was indeed.  As I age, brain farts are multiplying in what I am
pleased to call my mind.  To make it worse, I'll probably say "Dennis"
a few more times before I get it fixed.  Google helps compensate, and
I'm getting better about verifying things, but not always.

> /me misses the days where it was all about what the bell labs guys
> would do next.  Those were fun.  These days it seems like we all have
> to try and hope google isn't going to be really evil.  Wasn't it more
> fun when it was about science?

I postdate that era, alas.  Still, I'm sure they had their politics too.

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
Is a chair finely made tragic or comic? Is the portrait of Mona Lisa
good if I desire to see it? Is the bust of Sir Philip Crampton lyrical,
epical or dramatic?  If a man hacking in fury at a block of wood make
there an image of a cow, is that image a work of art? If not, why not?
                --Stephen Dedalus