[TUHS] Unix on an 11/23 (Was: Work I've done with a PDP-11 simulator)

asbesto asbesto at freaknet.org
Mon May 19 23:44:49 AEST 2014

Thu, May 15, 2014 at 04:56:59PM -0400, Noel Chiappa wrote:

>     > the disruptive fact (in terms of time) here is to put up-to-date both
>     > the PDP-11/23-PLUS and RL02.
>
> My apologies, I just now noticed that you have an 11/23-PLUS (it is slightly
> different from a plain 11/23).
>
> I am not very familiar with the 11/23-PLUS (I never worked with one), but from
> documentation I just dug out, it seems that they normally come with the MMU
> chip, so we don't need to worry about that. However, the FPP is not standard,
> so that is still an issue for bringing up Unix.

Just in these days we restored a PDP-11/23PLUS here at our
Museum! :)

we had to create the power supply with a normal PC PSU and also
we made the 50Hz signal clock using a PIC. CPU is working and
we're trying to boot from a RL02 unit :)

we're experiencing problems at our website so we have pictures
and info only on our facebook group, sorry for that.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/musif/
http://museum.freaknet.org

--
[ ::::::::: 73 de IW9HGS : http://freaknet.org/asbesto ::::::::::: ]
[ Freaknet Medialab :: Poetry Hacklab : Dyne.Org :: Radio Cybernet ]