[TUHS] 2.10

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Fri Nov 21 13:36:32 AEST 2014

On Thu, 20 Nov 2014, Jacob Ritorto wrote:

> Jim / Nick,  That's kinda my problem: can't find enough documentation on
> 2.10 to ascertain if I can / should run it. I know 2.9 is OK for the 11/34,
> but 2.9 doesn't have telnet or ftp and I want this machine to be easily
> reachable on the net.

Was it branched from the CSRG tree or was it implemented third-party?  I
can search my copy of the SCCS tree and see what it would've included if
the former is the case.

>  From what I've read, 2.11 is right out except for the little glimmer of
> hope in the docs that it "would probably only require a moderate amount of
> squeezing to fit on machines with less memory, but it would also be very
> unhappy about the prospect," which I think roughly translates to, "don't
> try it on a puny thing like an 11/34."
>
>  I wonder if porting telnet and ftp to 2.9 on the 11/34 would be my best
> hope?  But with a much more antique tcp stack, it sounds daunting.

Wonder if ULTRIX-11 would work on an 11/34 or if the usermode stack would
run under MINIX-UNIX

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff