[TUHS] TMG and B

Doug McIlroy doug at cs.dartmouth.edu
Wed Oct 1 23:53:37 AEST 2014

TMG was in v2-v6, sometimes in man1 and sometimes in man6.
I have an apparently complete source listing. The year is
uncertain. (Back then date headings from pr didn't mention the year!)
The accompanying manual, though, is dated 1972. There is also, besides
the TMGL definition of TMGL, a TMGL definition of pig Latin as a
simple test case.

None of this is useful, though, without a PDP-11 binary for tmg--
the usual chicken-and-egg problem with a full-blown compiler written
in its own language.

Doug