[TUHS] made up errno contest, at an early USENIX

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Thu Oct 2 21:46:26 AEST 2014

On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 10:19:58PM +0300, Aharon Robbins wrote:
> This is really gonna stretch the memories. (I may have even asked about
> it on this list before.)
> At one of the earlier USENIX conferences that I attended, maybe in
> Atlanta, there was a contest to make up humorous new errno values.

I'm back from a trip to Cania Gorge in Queensland Australia where there is
next to no phone reception.

When I scanned in the old AUUG newsletters, I told the photocopier to also
do OCR. This means that I can do this to the scanned files:

for i in *.pdf
do j=`echo $i | sed 's/pdf/txt/'`
   echo $j
   pdftotext $i
   grep ENO $j
   rm $j
done

Yet another reason why Unix is so much better :-) Here are the results
which will help Arnold out with his question.

Cheers, Warren

http://minnie.tuhs.org/Archive/Documentation/AUUGN/

AUUGN-V07.23.txt
ENOTOBACCO