[TUHS] Unisoft V7 68k sources (reviving a Codata machine)

Steve Simon steve at quintile.net
Sat Oct 4 05:03:15 AEST 2014

> The machine is a Codata 300

Wow.

I went to Leeds Poly (as it was then) in the mid 1980s.

There where two Codatas in the electronics dept., one in its
original plastic case and one 19inch rackmount - built as a
IEEE 488 controller; I assume what you have is one of those.

The former machine was loaded with Whitesmiths cross compilers
and I learnt z80 assembly language on it ☺

It ran V7 indeed, and was a friend of the Interdata/Perkin Elmer
3210, the  main electronics teaching machine. If it is this
machine then it should have the V7 source from the 3210 (Xelos
as it was called) and the source for the drivers for the
codata (which we gained by "accident").

I may be able to remember some other snippets - contat me
off-list with specific questions. I can give you the names
of the lecturers who would know most about it but I guess they
are now retired (though they may still be Headingly somwhere).

(fondly remembers Leeds).

-Steve