[TUHS] Getting Unix v5 to talk

Jason Stevens jsteve at superglobalmegacorp.com
Mon Oct 27 22:06:52 AEST 2014

Have you looked at http://real-votrax.no-ip.org/

they have a votrax hooked up, and yes it'll use your phonemes that speak
generates.
It just likes things to be upper case though.

So..
hello
!p
,h,e0,l,o0,o1,-1

works more like

H E0 L O0 O1 PA1

I wonder if anyone's generated wav's for each of the phonemes, then you
could hook up a line printer or something that'll read it as a pipe and just
play the wav's as needed..

It is rough 1970's speech synthesis, but I had one of those Intellivoice
things as a kid, so I kinda like it.