[TUHS] Disassembler

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Sat Sep 13 08:17:52 AEST 2014

The USENIX archives have a number of them.  I've long ago forgotten which
was the best.

I'd recommend that poke around Warren's site.  I also would look at the
Purdue archives as a solid start.  They had the best microprocessor tools
and I know there was a really good disassembler in there for the 8 bit
micros at the time.  You could use them to reverse compile code and put the
symbols back etc..  There was 11 and Vax tools in that mix too.   I seem to
remember there was a good one from Oz - UNSW maybe?  The other place I
would look would be from the Cooper Union folks circa 1980.  Those guys
ported the DEC tools (Macro-11, Librarian, Linker and FTN to V6 & V7) [they
also wrote a PDP-10 simulator to do it since they were all written in
BLISS-10 - amazing project].   Anyway, the CU guys had some cool tools as I
recall, and an disassembler might have been in that mix.

Clem