[TUHS] where is ecvt?

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Thu Sep 25 06:36:13 AEST 2014

Mark Longridge scripsit:

> I made a list of functions which occur in Unix v5 libc.a and modern
> linux glibc.a and while there is no problem using the ecvt function in
> modern linux it doesn't seem to appear:

ecvt() and fcvt() were deprecated in Posix 2001 in favor of printf(), and
in Posix 2008 they were removed altogether.

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
He made the Legislature meet at one-horse tank-towns out in the alfalfa
belt, so that hardly nobody could get there and most of the leaders
would stay home and let him go to work and do things as he pleased.
    --H.L. Mencken's translation of the Declaration of Independence