[TUHS] made up errno contest, at an early USENIX

Jaap Akkerhuis jaapna at xs4all.nl
Sun Sep 28 06:41:36 AEST 2014

On Sep 27, 2014, at 22:19, Aharon Robbins <arnold at skeeve.com> wrote:

> Hi All.
>
> This is really gonna stretch the memories. (I may have even asked about
> it on this list before.)
>
> At one of the earlier USENIX conferences that I attended, maybe in
> Atlanta, there was a contest to make up humorous new errno values.
> The one that won, which I remember to this day was:
>
> EMISTERED:
> 	A host is a host from coast to coast,
> 	and no-one can talk to host that's close,
> 	unless the host that isn't close
> 	is busy, hung, or dead.

Ah, that one.  There is even a videa somewhere on which the judges
sing this entry to the contest.  I forgot who the winner was but
having been a judge of the contest (and singing badly) I should
have some notes soemewhere.

I'm currently not close to my personal archives, so it might take a
while before I have an opportunity to look for the details (provided
I still have them).

	jaap