[TUHS] made up errno contest, at an early USENIX

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sun Sep 28 20:01:11 AEST 2014

On Sun, 28 Sep 2014, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> > EMISTERED:
> > 	A host is a host from coast to coast,
> > 	and no-one can talk to host that's close,
> > 	unless the host that isn't close
> > 	is busy, hung, or dead.
>
> Boy, that's a blast from the past!  I saw it (I think) reprinted in
> AUUGN from Usenix's ";login:" journal, if that's any help.

Oh, and my favourite *genuine* errno is still ENAMETOOLONG.

And the ultimate cop-out: EIO[0] (it could mean anything, like "Syntax
error" from a compiler).

[0]
Ah yes, the System/360 Extended Instruction[1] ("EI") console command.

[1]
Not to be confused with Execute Programmer Immediate, etc.

-- Dave