[TUHS] Make love

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Sat Aug 1 13:48:04 AEST 2015

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 07:48:25PM -0400, John Cowan wrote:
> Warner Losh scripsit:
>
> > the same people that scrubbed
> > ???you can tune a file system, but you can???t tuna fish??? from tunfs(8).
>
> That would be some humorless git at Sun during the run-up to Solaris.
> Luckily we are now protected against a recurrence by this warning in
> the man page source:
>
> .\" Take this out and a Unix Daemon will dog your steps from now until
> .\" the time_t's wrap around.
>
> And in the 64-bit world, that's a loooooooooooooooooooong time.
> Someone should file a patch to restore warning and joke to illumos.

I was wondering if that would come up.  I'm the guy that put that comment
in the man page source.  Then they took it out.  Losers.

I am not the guy who wrote you can tune a file system but you can't
tuna fish, I believe that was Kirk.

--lm

P.S.  Can't believe I'm claiming credit for a comment in a man page.  I
need to get a life.