[TUHS] Some notes on running UNIX v6 in 2015, using SimH and a healthy dose of documentation

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 04:54:38 AEST 2015

Noel,

Comments below:

On 12/3/15 9:42 AM, Noel Chiappa wrote:
> Actually, Lions/V6 was used in operating systems courses using simulated
> machines; one at MIT, 6.828 "Operating Systems Engineering":
>
>    https://pdos.csail.mit.edu/6.828/

I knew about xv6, but didn't realize they had used v6 previously.
Interesting. I can imagine how students might complain about it in a
college setting. Thankfully, I'm not trying to teach it in one of my
courses, at least not yet! :). I am just blogging about it for those who
might be interested.
> Check around online to see what exists, first; there has been stuff written
> since Lions! ;-)

In your view, what are some of the best recent works?

Thanks,

Will