[TUHS] Installing and Using Research Unix Version 7 in SimH PDP-11/45 Emulator

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 07:07:06 AEST 2015

All,

In the same vein as my prior note, I have made a note available on the
process of getting up and running on Unix Seventh Edition in a SimH
PDP-11 environment. The text is located at:

http://decuser.blogspot.com/2015/12/installing-and-using-research-unix.html

I welcome comments, suggestions, and even criticisms.

While I have learned a lot since my last blog entry (many thanks to
Hellwig Geisse, Nelson Beebe, Noel Chiappa, Clement Cole and several
others), I am still learning about these environments. I originally
invested time in getting v7 running so that I could more easily work
with v6, after having gone there, I believe that it was time very well
spent. I know a lot more about special devices, tape formats, and so on
than I did before as a result of taking the fork in the road.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Oh, and by the way, there appears to be quite a bit of active interest
in this topic - the blog post has been viewed several thousand times
since I posted it, two weeks ago.

Kind regards,

Will