[TUHS] Happy birthday, Grace Hopper!

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at lemis.com
Wed Dec 9 09:09:55 AEST 2015

On Wednesday,  9 December 2015 at  4:34:47 +1100, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> However, she must be condemned for giving us COBOL; yes, I know that
> vile language, but I carefully leave it off my CV, as it seemed to
> be designed for suits (Business Studies of course, but nothing
> technical) to spy upon their programmers.

And you for giving me bad dreams?  As it happens, round the time you
posted this message, I had a dream of a 180 page printout of a COBOL
program, completely without comments.  The first time COBOL has
haunted me in decades.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger grog at FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.