[TUHS] why does tar have the tape device hard coded into it and why is it mt1 instead of mt0

Diomidis Spinellis dds at aueb.gr
Sun Dec 13 06:17:13 AEST 2015

Interesting! Chuck Haley is also listed as the author of tar in "Life
with Unix" p. 31 (Libes and Resler, Prentice Hall,  1989).  I wonder
where that piece of misinformation came from and what other errors are
in the book.

Anyway, I corrected tar's authorship in the Unix history Git repo
https://github.com/dspinellis/unix-history-make/commit/d4d153afaa1b0e27deb678db40d7e3879d1a4e3d

Diomidis