[TUHS] ed.c on Unix v5

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Sun Dec 20 02:18:06 AEST 2015

Mark Longridge scripsit:

> There's no other trace of getpid in v5 as it's not in the v5 manual
> and there's no getpid.s in the disk image. I'm not sure if having
> getpid in v5 is anomalous or not, perhaps you or someone else can
> actually remember as I'm a johnny-come-lately to the party.  There's
> even some commands mentioned in the v4 manual that don't exist in the
> v5 disk image.

The manuals were versioned, but the tapes were not: each tape represents
a snapshot of the research system on that particular day, so what you find
there isn't closely correlated with any manual version.

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
Long-short-short, long-short-short / Dactyls in dimeter,
Verse form with choriambs / (Masculine rhyme):
One sentence (two stanzas) / Hexasyllabically
Challenges poets who / Don't have the time.     --robison who's at texas dot net