[TUHS] Pristine version of 2.11BSD

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo tih at hamartun.priv.no
Mon Dec 21 19:19:45 AEST 2015

Jacob Goense <dugo at xs4all.nl> writes:

> Grepping through the utzoo USENET archive I found one patch that might
> help piecing this together. Post at http://oldbsd.org/c.b.2bsd.167.txt

I found that one in Google's archive of comp.bugs.2bsd, too -- but
there's a least one ld.c patch still missing, from November 1990.

I just heard from Steven Schultz, who is surprised that we don't have
the original 2.11 distribution in the archive.  Steven says:

> 	I was certain that a base 2.11 is in the TUHS archive.   There was a
> 	tapeset sent down under and I recall someone working on a way to
> 	simulate a tape drive over a serial line so 2.11 could be loaded.

Does this ring a bell, anyone?

-tih
--
Elections cannot be allowed to change anything.  --Dr. Wolfgang Schäuble