[TUHS] Happy birthday, Jon von Neumann!

Norman Wilson norman at oclsc.org
Mon Dec 28 06:01:56 AEST 2015

Dave Horsfall:

  Jon von Neumann was born in 1903; without him, we probably wouldn't have
  had computers at all (but we could've had a Wintel version, I suppose,
  wherein everything is controlled by BB).

====

On this day in Australia, but not yet in North America or Europe.

Or, as Warren would probably prefer, it was 2015 in England, but still only
1903 in Australia.  Such was the great difference in time twixt these two
great nations.

Australia, Australia, we love you from the heart,
the liver, the kidneys, and the giblets,
and every other part!

Norman Wilson
Toronto ON