[TUHS] Unix on a game boy

Brad Spencer brad at anduin.eldar.org
Tue Dec 29 03:58:39 AEST 2015

   On Sat, 26 Dec 2015, Larry McVoy wrote:

   > This dude ported 5th edition to a game boy.  I'll admit my non coolness
   > by saying I don't know what a game boy is but I'm guessing it's some
   > video game thingy.

   Pretty much, yeah, along with PS/2 (and/or whatever).  I'm surprised that
   they chose Ed5, as Penguin/OS is normally the choice for weird devices.

It is running V5 in SIMH on the Gameboy.  Pretty nifty, however, the ARM
processor varient does not have a memory manager, so I suspect that it had
to be something simpler then one of the modern systems.  This wasn't a
bare iron port.

If you go to the page, he does not one of the early BSD systems running in
SIMH on it too.

--
Brad Spencer - brad at anduin.eldar.org - KC8VKS
http://anduin.eldar.org  - & -  http://anduin.ipv6.eldar.org [IPv6 only]