[TUHS] 2.9 kernel compile

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Feb 13 01:44:02 AEST 2015

    > From: Noel Chiappa

    > apparently there are two differences between the 11/34 and 11/40, other
    > than the clock and switch register

Too early in the morning here, clearly... I was thinking of the 11/23 and the
11/40 here in the clock/SR comment, not the /34 and the /40.

_Iff_ the 11/34 is using the standard DL11-W console interface board (which
includes an LTC), there's no difference that I know of between the 11/34 and
the 11/40 on the LTC front (although the LTC is an option in the /40, so a /40
might not have one, in which case the V6 will panic on trying to boot unless
it has a KW11-P).

As for the switch register... I guess that on machines with a KY11-A, there
is no switch register? (Too lazy/busy to go read the manual(s) to confirm...)

	Noel