[TUHS] COHERENT sources released under 3-clause BSD license.

Jacob Goense dugo at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 7 05:50:23 AEST 2015

On 2015-01-06 20:38, Milo Velimirović wrote:
> On Jan 6, 2015, at 12:41 PM, random832 at fastmail.us wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 6, 2015, at 11:48, Rico Pajarola wrote:
>>> adding the list back

>> In the "distrib" directory there are four files exactly 1440 kb in
>> size
>> - maybe someone could try loading those into a VM/Emulator?
>
> I had exactly that thought after I downloaded the tar ball this
> morning. Any suggestions for a VM config that would facilitate this
> would be welcome. Otherwise I’m going to stumble through virtual box
> and see what happens.

A quick try with bochs bails out on me, but at least reveals the
version:

     COHERENT Tertiary boot Version 1.2.7
     If installing COHERENT, please type "begin".
     ? begin
     -
[-screen clears-]
     *** COHERENT Version 4.2.10 - 386 Mode.  5712KB free memory. ***
     Color.  NDP=387.  2528 buffers.  2521 buckets.  64 clists.
     256KB kalloc pool.  0 KB phys pool.
     Cyrix OEM CPU Detected
     Copyright 1982, 1994 Mark Williams Company
     fd0: <Door Open>
     PANIC : fsminit: no rootdev(4,15)
     Call backtrace:  -> ffc28142 -> ffc19129 -> ffc002b6

If you want to run COHERENT in a VM this is mandatory reading.

http://thebeezspeaks.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-life-with-coherent-part-1.html
http://thebeezspeaks.blogspot.nl/2012/05/my-life-with-coherent-part-2.html

/Jacob