[TUHS] SVN of CSRG Releases

Steffen Nurpmeso sdaoden at yandex.com
Wed Jan 14 21:24:11 AEST 2015

Larry McVoy <lm at mcvoy.com> wrote:
 |On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 01:24:27PM +1100, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
 |>>
 |>> In a previous private e-mail I received from Kirk, he said:
 |>>  The folks at UC
 |>>  Berkeley have always required me to track distributions of the SCCS
 |>>  files as they somehow think of them as still sensitive.
 |>>
 |>> which implies that the SCCS files cannot be released publicly. However,
 |>> the SVN version is a "derivative" of the SCCS files and, on that basis,
 |>> is publicly available. Go figure :)
 |>
 |> Considering that all the SCCS files are on the CDs that Kirk
 |> distributed, that's particularly strange.  My thought was that, with
 |> the exception of Larry, nobody has the SCCS software any more.
 |
 |GNU has an SCCS clone.  A so-so one but James and his crew fixes bugs.
 |And I suspect that BitSCCS is out there on the intertubes somewhere.

Jörg Schilling also has a(n extended) SCCS, now located at [1].

  [1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/schilytools/

I have cloned the (FreeBSD based) git(1) repo mentioned elsewhere
in this thread, but it is no good -- a better version with much
(, much) better meta data is at [2], but it is much larger, of
course.

  [2] https://github.com/jonathangray/csrg

--steffen