[TUHS] Three Questions

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Thu Mar 26 06:51:17 AEST 2015

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 09:16:26AM -0400, Mark Longridge wrote:
> Does anything at all exist of PDP-7 Unics? All I know about is that
> there was a B language interpreter. Maybe a printout of the manual has
> survived?

I asked Dennis Ritchie this question a few times. He did say that he had
fragmentary printouts of some source code. Then in 2009 he wrote:

  In other news, I have found the book that has the listings
  that I knew I had, that of (some) of the user-level commands.
  I wonder what's the best way to get it scanned?

That's as far as we got. Now that he has passed on, I imagine that the
task of obtaining the book is nigh on impossible. I suppose that raises
the question, did Dennis' computing effects get "saved" in any way?

Cheers, Warren

P.S. I must do the Google code to github migration, thanks Clem.