[TUHS] reading 9 track tapes?

asbesto asbesto at freaknet.org
Thu May 21 22:50:40 AEST 2015

Mon, May 11, 2015 at 12:35:41PM -0500, John Foust wrote:

> >    > Can anyone still read 9 track tapes? We just un-covered two that date

> >but the physical condition of the tapes; that old, they might have issues
> >with shedding of oxide, etc (which a heat soak can mostly cure). If you

> Oh, that tape may be just fine if it was kept in office conditions.

well, it's a matter of chemical bonds that broke; something in
the tape just change due to age, and sometimes a good stored
tape can be difficult to read, and need baking.  We're also able
to do that, we recovered a lot of media at our museum.

ps http://museum.freaknet.org (very old site, sorry)

--
[ ::::::::: 73 de IW9HGS : http://freaknet.org/asbesto ::::::::::: ]
[ Freaknet Medialab :: Poetry Hacklab : Dyne.Org :: Radio Cybernet ]