[TUHS] A repository with 44 years of Unix evolution gets the MSR '15 Best Data Showcase Award

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue May 26 07:15:32 AEST 2015

On Mon, 25 May 2015, Mary Ann Horton wrote:

> Is the original SVR4 around somewhere (even if still considered trade secret
> or copyrighted?)

I don't believe so, but possibly in some obscure SCADA systems?  Counting
hobbyists running it on 3B2s or excluding that? ;)

I think only derived systems remain.

> I'm getting ready to have my collection of 9 track magtapes recovered, (Sydex
> sounds very reasonable) and I find I have 5 AT&T SVR4 tapes among them (all
> different, I think, but I won't know until I read them.)  They are labeled
> Proprietary and Copyright, and I claim no special rights to them other than
> as an ex AT&T employee.

All different?  I am very interested.

> Is it worth recovering them?

I believe it is, but I'd recover and archive most anything UNIX.

Any bits of CB Unix on there?

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff