[TUHS] PWB contributions

Doug McIlroy doug at cs.dartmouth.edu
Mon Nov 9 23:58:03 AEST 2015

> Eric Shienbrood originally wrote more(1) at UCB

Amusing result of ambiguity. I had written

> PWB did make SCCS. I believe it also originated cico,
> find and eval. Probably more, too, but I can't reliably
> separate PWB's other contributions from USG's.

The intended meaning was, "Probably more things, too",
things like "cut" and "paste", whose exact provenance
I can't recall. And I got 2 out of 3 wrong in the list
"cico, find and eval", which should have been "cpio,
find and expr".

> Less(1) would show up a few years later and replace [page and more].

And to set a world benchmark for software bloat. For a good time try
        less --help | wc

Doug