[TUHS] link() syscall implementation

Oliver Lehmann lehmann at ans-netz.de
Mon Nov 16 00:43:49 AEST 2015

Random832 <random832 at fastmail.com> wrote:

> Oliver Lehmann <lehmann at ans-netz.de> writes:
>> OK - it is not temporarily copied to rr4, but directly modfied in
>> rr2 and then assigned to u.u_dirp. It should be "the same" - But
>> - ln(1) does not work with this code. Instead of creating a
>> hardlink, it creates a new empty file (different inode).
>
> Are you sure this is where the problem is?

Not any longer - I tried it again with

u.u_dirp.l = (caddr_t)(((long)uap->linkname) & 0x7F00FFFF);

and it seems to work now - no idea what went wrong the last time
I tried it.

#1 rm /z/tmp/*
#2 echo "test" > /z/tmp/hugo
#3 ln /z/tmp/hugo /z/tmp/walter
ls#4  -li /z/tmp
total 2
  2452 -rw-rw-rw- 2 wega     system        5 Nov 15 02:44 hugo
  2452 -rw-rw-rw- 2 wega     system        5 Nov 15 02:44 walter

I still have direct modification of rr2 and not the copy to rr4,
so if I would aim for binary equalness it is still not the same,
but it seems that it can't be done another way.