[TUHS] Porting 2.11 BSD

Nick Downing downing.nick at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 21:25:18 AEST 2015

According to this:
https://archive.org/stream/bitsavers_zilogz80000mmu_742400/z8010_mmu_djvu.txt
You could use only segment 0 and program the code MMU to point segment 0 to
some physical address and the data and stack MMUs to point segment 0 to
some other physical address and you have a split I/D system capable of
running 2.11bsd assuming the compiler knows nothing of segments as you
said. Or, as outlined in my previous posts you can use a compiler that has
23-bit pointers and understands how to output the high 7 bits as the
segment and the low 16 bits as the logical address each time it
dereferences a pointer (if such a compiler exists) and port 4.3bsd.

Nick